Apply For A Grant
Thank you for your interest in the OKC Black Justice Fund. The deadline for applications was August 31, 2020 at 11:59 pm. To find out who applied and was selected to receive an award, click here.
THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS HAS PASSED.
Who Was Eligible?
Any organizations or groups that were working to advance racial equity and justice in Oklahoma City could have applied for a grant. Organizations did not need to be a 501(c)(3) to be eligible for funding, and there were no limitations on the size or type of the organization.
Preview Application Questions
Please note that applications had be submitted online. This document was meant to serve as a preview, and applications could not be accepted through mail or email.
How will grant applications be evaluated?
Grants will be evaluated by committee members based on five criteria:
- Potential for impact on advancing racial justice
- Connection to the Black Community, which includes considerations such as the composition of leadership and staff and the organization’s experience working within the community they are aiming to serve
- Strategy for focusing on under-resourced communities in Oklahoma City, with consideration of the team/organization’s existing role within those communities
- Alignment to the stated goal of the Fund and at least one of the four outlined purposes
- Presence of a clear and actionable plan for using requested funds
What information should be included in the application?
Click here for a preview of the application questions.
What if I apply for a grant, but do not receive funds?
Who is eligible to apply for funds?
Can my organization submit more than one proposal for consideration?
I think the costs associated with my research proposal seem too significant based on the size of this fund. Should I still apply?
Yes, we encourage you to submit a realistic proposal for data analysis and research based on your due diligence and expertise. While there are no guarantees for funding, funders have shown interest in contributing supplemental funds for a strong proposal in this area.
When will award notifications be communicated?
Award notifications will be made in the fall of 2020.