Apply For A Grant
Thank you for your interest in the OKC Black Justice Fund. The “Apply Now” button below will direct you to the Communities Foundation of Oklahoma website where you can create an account and submit your application online. The deadline for applications is August 31, 2020 at 11:59 pm.
THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS HAS PASSED.
Who Is Eligible?
Any organizations or groups that are working to advance racial equity and justice in Oklahoma City may apply for a grant. Organizations do not need to be a 501(c)(3) to be eligible for funding, and there are no limitations on the size or type of the organization. For any additional questions about the application not answered below, contact us at email@example.com.
Preview Application Questions
Please note that applications must be submitted online. This document is meant to serve as a preview, and applications cannot be accepted through mail or email.
How will grant applications be evaluated?
Grants will be evaluated by committee members based on five criteria:
- Potential for impact on advancing racial justice
- Connection to the Black Community, which includes considerations such as the composition of leadership and staff and the organization’s experience working within the community they are aiming to serve
- Strategy for focusing on under-resourced communities in Oklahoma City, with consideration of the team/organization’s existing role within those communities
- Alignment to the stated goal of the Fund and at least one of the four outlined purposes
- Presence of a clear and actionable plan for using requested funds
What information should be included in the application?
Click here for a preview of the application questions.
What if I apply for a grant, but do not receive funds?
Who is eligible to apply for funds?
Can my organization submit more than one proposal for consideration?
I think the costs associated with my research proposal seem too significant based on the size of this fund. Should I still apply?
Yes, we encourage you to submit a realistic proposal for data analysis and research based on your due diligence and expertise. While there are no guarantees for funding, funders have shown interest in contributing supplemental funds for a strong proposal in this area.
When will award notifications be communicated?
Award notifications will be made in the fall of 2020.